WE WILL ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 SOON – GET NOTIFIED IMMEDIATELY BY LEAVING US YOUR EMAIL HERE.
Attention folk artists, makers and outsider artists, we have a 2nd market on second Saturdays, with a focus on packaged folk art, fine artisan crafts and specialty foods: The Market at Sawyer Yards.
Want to join us? AWESOME!
- We are a monthly outdoor show on a private parking lot.
- The show is curated by the artists, and founder/manager Mitch Cohen.
- Only ARTISTS need apply. All mediums welcome.
- A $15 application fee, upon acceptance, is deducted from your first show.
- We do not accept any resale, packaged food, soap, candles, manufactured products, plants, nor any art that is or looks like mass production.
- Just A-R-T where the maker is the seller here. That keeps everyone happy, including you!
- The booth fee is $85 per booth, per market day, and sharing is allowed (more than 2 and permission must be granted).
- All attending artists must apply and be approved.
We are always looking for new and original work and, if you find yourself applying here, you could possibly be my Next Featured Artist!
*You will need a minimum of the following:
- Texas Sales Tax ID – get one now -it’s free to obtain: Texas Comptroller
Write down your ID number at the end of the application!
- 10 x 10 tent (get white)
- Display equipment
- Approved weights
- A positive outlook
- Bring your own setup. (Electricity is limited and not guaranteed)
- Strongly encouraged to get a white tent if you’re going to buy new. (Many shows require white) Your work will show better and it creates a sense of uniformity in the market.
What the artists say about the market …
The question I am asked most often by newbie artists is who to trust when it comes to shows etc. etc. etc.. Since 2007 I have been telling them about First Saturday Arts Market and Mitch Cohen. There is an energy and an unspoken code of behavior that has everything to do with respecting other artists and maintaining a professional approach to this fine art event. Not stuffy…professional.
At First Saturday Arts Market I have bought and sold original artwork…made lifelong friends…listened to live music that rocked my world and laughed til I cried and cried til I laughed myself silly again. For all things fine and beautiful…give yourself the gift of a day(or night)at First Saturday Arts Market. ~ P.A. Mueller